This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #DASANISparkling #FlavorContest #CollectiveBias
Don’t hibernate when the cooler weather comes! Take advantage of the cooler weather and changing seasons and go on an apple picking date!
I’m the first one to admit when the weather gets cooler and it gets darker quicker, I immediately want to hibernate indoors. But living in Michigan means I’m in one of the most beautiful places in the world (yes, I’m biased) because I get to experience four seasons every year.
Fall is one of my favorite seasons as it’s full of change. Not only are the leaves changing, but my kids are back in the school routine, the merchandise in stores is being updated, new flavored coffee drinks appear and I’m breaking into my cold weather wardrobe including boots and shoes.
There are so many great things to do in the fall and one of my favorite things is to plan a weekend with my husband at the apple orchard. We like to go on our annual apple picking date every fall and grab a big bag of apples to bring home for the family.
The fall foliage in Michigan is amazing. The trees literally glow when they change and being outside during this time is one of the best ways to see this transformation.
While you are out on your adventure this fall, enter for a chance to WIN a trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico for the 2019 Albuquerque International Hot Air Balloon Festival! Now through November 15th,
- Head to Kroger to grab your favorite flavor of DASANI® Sparkling such as berry, strawberry guava, black cherry, tropical pineapple of any one of the 14 different flavors!
- Take a picture of your favorite flavor of DASANI® Sparkling
- Post it to Instagram or Twitter using the hashtags #DASANISparkling AND #FlavorContest
The grand prize winner and 3 guests will win a trip to the 2019 Albuquerque International Hot Air Balloon Festival in October 2019! The prize package consists of round trip, coach-class air transportation for 4 from a major airport near the winner’s home; 3 nights’ accommodations; rental car; 2 Gondola Club passes (2-day passes) to the Festival; a hot air balloon ride for winner and 1 guest; $1,000 spending money; and travel agent services.
It doesn’t get much better than that! Now go enter for your chance to win!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.Legal residents of certain U.S. states and D.C., 18 years or older.Ends 11/15/18.For rules, hashtags, alternate methods of entry, odds, prize and complete details, visit http://cbi.as/a2gej Void in CT, FL, IA, ME, MA, MN, NH, NJ, NY, ND, OK, PA, SD, and VT and where prohibited.
And if you’re looking for a foolproof way to plan the perfect apple picking date together, Look no further!
Tips for Planning an Apple Picking Date
- Pick a weekend. Pick a date and get it onto the calendar as soon as you can, before it fills up with other obligations such as kid’s birthday parties and sporting events. Early September through mid October are the best times in Michigan to pick apples. Make sure you book your sitter at this time, too!
- Search Online. Find a local apple orchard that offers “u-pick” apple picking. This will ensure you’ll be able to walk in the orchard and pick your own apples, fresh from the tree.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Wear layers and make sure you are prepared for wet and muddy conditions within the orchard especially if there’s been rain in the area recently. It’s a great idea to wear warm waterproof or rain boots.
- Grab, twist and pull. The proper way to pick an apple is to grab it with two hands, twist it on the branch and pull it straight down. You actually want to get the stem with your apple when you pick it! For the freshest apples, pick from the tree, not the ground.
- Bring a re-usable shopping bag. Orchards typically offer bags or buckets for picking, but you’ll want somewhere to put your mittens or gloves while you are picking and for your camera!
One of my favorite things to do while on an adventure is to enjoy my DASANI® Sparkling! This is my go-to beverage for my apple picking adventure!
What are some of your favorite fall adventures to take with your loved one? Do you have an annual tradition or weekend you like to spend together? If so, let us know if the comments below!
Are you looking for more fall fun? Try some of these ideas:
- Our Fall Family Bucket List has 18 things for you and your family to do this fall!
- We have 24 apple recipes you’ll want to make and enjoy this fall.
- Don’t stop at fall camping with your loved one! We have more date ideas here!