Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes are the perfect healthy side dish for any meal!
Spring is here and Easter is less than a week away. The temperatures are heating up to a glorious 50 degrees (yes that is is warm where we live, don’t judge) and I am in full spring cleaning mode. I’ve been going through the basement, our upstairs and even the kitchen grabbing crap that I haven’t used in forever and throwing it into boxes for the local thrift shop. The kids even got in on the action over spring break and we hauled out at least 8 boxes of stuff. It feels great to get this stuff out of the house and I have plans to purge more over the next few weeks. You don’t realize how much stuff you accumulate over the years!
While purging I went through all my kitchen cupboards making note of what I use and what needed to go. I got an Instant Pot several months ago and used it several times and then it got tucked away in the cupboard. I decided to pull it out again and try some new recipes. First up was sweet potatoes. I love sweet potatoes. They are SO good for you and so easy to make and the Instant Pot just brings cooking to another level of easy.
With Easter in a few days, these would be a great side dish. They are full of flavor and healthy. I love to make 5-6 at a time and then store them in the fridge. I pull them out for lunch or dinner sides and simply reheat. Even my kids enjoy them!
Easy Instant Pot Sweet Potato Recipe
You will also want to try our:
- 5-6 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed (no need to poke holes in them)
- 1 C. water
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the steamer basket in the bottom of pot.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the basket.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal shut.
- Press the manual button on the Instant Pot and then the steam button.
- Set the timer to 15 minutes and that's it! Let the pressure release naturally before removing from the pot.