These Easy Basketball Cupcakes are quick to make and will make any sports Birthday party a ball.
Last week I shared my son's Basketball Pool Party with you but didn't get to show you what I did for his Birthday cake/cupcakes because they were fun all by themselves so I saved them for today. I usually only do cupcakes for school and stick with cakes for parties but I decided to change it up a little since his birthday wasn't at home this year.
Birthday parties require a lot of planning and preparing so I usually order a cake but with the help of ordering most everything from Oriental Trading Company, I had a little more time to create some yummy cupcakes. I'm all about simple so I grabbed a box of cake mix, a few tubs of frosting, and headed to the kitchen.
How to make our Easy Basketball Cupcakes:
- Boxed cake mix of choice (calls for oil, eggs, and water)
- 2 Tubs of vanilla frosting
- 1 Tub of chocolate frosting
- Orange cupcake liners
- Decorating bags
- Large open star decorating tip
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with orange cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your cake mix, oil, eggs, and water and mix well.
- Fill each cupcake liner up halfway with your cake batter and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let your cupcakes cool and mix the two tubs of vanilla frosting with orange food coloring.
- Place the star tip into the bottom of a decorating bag, fill the bag up with orange frosting, and twist the top to keep the frosting in the bag.
- Then fill another bag halfway with chocolate frosting.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, use your orange frosting bag to frost a large swirl onto each cupcake.
- Cut a tiny tip off the chocolate frosting bag and use it to draw the basketball lines onto the orange frosting like pictured.
You might also enjoy our: