Make our Unicorn Cake Donuts and never buy another cake donut again when you see how fun and easy they are.
I absolutely love the unicorn craze going around, it's taking the internet by storm. Everything from Starbuck's Unicorn Frappuccino, rainbow fudge, ice cream, and so much more. There's something about all the colors combined that is so magical.
Our Unicorn Cake Donuts are made with a simple boxed cake mix, can of frosting, and some sprinkles. Doesn't get much easier than that and the kids will freak with excitement. They even make a great cupcake substitution for birthday parties, especially if your theme is unicorns.
How to make our Unicorn Cake Donuts:
- Box white cake mix (and ingredients to make cake - oil, eggs, and water)
- Pink and purple canned frosting
- Star sprinkles
- Pink sugar sprinkles
- Silicone donut mold
- ½ cup pink Wilton candy melts
- ½ cup light blue Wilton candy melts.
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray your silicone donut molds with a non stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your cake mix, eggs, oil, and water and mix well.
- Carefully pour your cake batter into a large freezer bag, cut a small corner off one bottom side, and fill your silicone donut molds ¾ up.
- Place your silicone mold in the oven, bake for 15 minutes, and let cool.
- Once your cake donuts have cooled, carefully remove them from the pan by stretching out the sides and pressing up on the bottom.
- Place 1 cup of pink frosting and 1 cup of purple frosting into separate small bowls and microwave for 15 seconds each and mix.
- Dip the top of your cake donuts into your melted purple frosting then directly into your pink frosting and place onto a piece of parchment paper.
- In 2 small separate microwave safe bowls, heat your candy melts on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted, pour them into 2 separate sandwich bags, and cut a tiny tip off one end.
- Drizzle your pink and blue melted chocolate over your frosted donuts and sprinkle with your stars and pink sugar sprinkles.
You will also love our other colorful and fun treats: