This baked tortellini skillet casserole is a no-fuss weeknight dinner that everyone will love!
The end of the school year is upon us and with that comes full schedules and busy weeknights. Most evenings, dinner just sneaks up on me and adds to the chaos that is already ensuing.
Time Saving Dinner Idea
I have been working on recipes I can prepare ahead so that there is a little less stress around dinner time, and this baked tortellini skillet casserole is one of those easy, make-ahead meals. The bonus is that everyone, even my picky people, love it!
A second bonus to this recipe is it is all made in one cast iron pan! I love keeping the amount of dirty dishes to a minimum when possible. Start out browning the ground beef in your skillet and add a 24 oz. can or jar of pasta sauce. Mix in the tortellini and broccoli if you like it and stir it all together.
Sneak in More Veggies!
If I made broccoli as a side with this dish, several members of this family might not eat it… and not all of them are kids! But I find if I toss it right in the dish, no one is the wiser and the tastes all blend together. Other veggies would be good in here too, like spinach or zucchini.
Sprinkle mozzarella all over the baked tortellini skillet casserole and ta-da, your done! At this point, you can either pop this baby into the oven and eat it right away or you can cover it and cook it later. You could even make it a day or two in advance if you want to be really ahead of the game!
Looking for a few more easy pasta dinner recipes that everyone will love? Try some of these:
Make it “Meatless Monday” with our Meatless Baked Pasta recipe
Prefer Chicken? Try a lighter skillet dish with our Chicken Skillet recipe
Have an Instant Pot? Our Bacon Mac ‘n Cheese takes 4 minutes!
- 9 oz package of store bought cheese tortellini
- 1 lb ground beef
- 24 oz can or jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup thawed broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the cheese tortellini according to package directions, remove from heat and drain
- Brown the ground beef in the skillet (I did not drain, but you can if you prefer)
- Add the pasta sauce, broccoli, tortellini into the skillet and stir
- Evenly sprinkle the mozzarella and bake at 400 until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Serving Size:2/3 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385