This Keto friendly low carb loaded cauliflower casserole is sure to be a hit!
It's been about 5 weeks since my husband and I have started the Keto lifestyle. I think my husband was pretty skeptical at first but now he loves it. We've been trying new recipes every week and I am really impressed that I haven't had any carb cravings. I have cheated a little bit here and there (hey, I'm human) but overall it's only been one meal a week involving carbs and then it's back on track.
When we started the Keto lifetstyle I had done quite a bit of research and pinned tons of recipes from all over Pinterest. We get bored sometimes with the same meals over and over again so I was happy to see tons for great Keto recipes all over Pinterest.
One of my favorite foods is potatoes. I like them baked, fried, mashed, you name it. Potatoes are where it's at! Sadly, they are full of carbs so they didn't quite fit into our food dynamic except for my once a week splurge. I searched on Pinterest and realized cauliflower made for an awesome potato substitute! I love making mashed cauliflower in my Instant Pot and had totally forgotten about it. I decided to make them into fake potatoes again but this time loading them with delicious cheese, bacon, green onions and sour cream. All of which are Keto friendly AND low carb!
Loaded cauliflower is not only delicious, it's also super easy to make! First, I roasted the cauliflower to soften it up. Then, loaded it with all the toppings and put it back into the oven. This dish could easily work as a meatless meal OR as delicious side dish. My husband isn't a huge cauliflower fan but he really enjoyed it and went back for seconds, as did I!
Keto Friendly Low Carb Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ C. green onion
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked & diced
- ½ C. sour cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Roast the cauliflower on 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients and stir into the roasted cauliflower
- Place back in the oven and let the loaded cauliflower heat through.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
You will also want to make our:
- Low Carb Keto Friendly Egg Salad is easy to make and perfect for on the go lunches!
- Low Carb Keto Bread is perfect for when you HAVE TO HAVE a piece of bread but don't want to waste those carbs!
- Keto Friendly Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower is a great substitute for mashed potatoes and is super yummy with butter!