This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #ServeUpSummer #CollectiveBias
Want to make summer even easier? Click the image above to purchase Hunts and RO*TEL online!
It’s summer and finally grilling season in our neck of the woods. I love summer and all it has to offer. Our winters are long, hard and very cold so when summer shows up I love hosting get togethers and cookouts for our friends and family. Sadly, summers in our area can be finicky, some days are sunny and mid 70’s spent at the beach or out on our boat enjoying the gorgeous weather. Other days it’s 50 and rainy. Thankfully the weather never matters when it comes to grilling because we have a covered area and my husband loves to grill no matter what the weather brings. We grill at least 3-4 times a week during the summer and love hosting cookouts. If we’re not serving, chicken or brats our favorite meals are delicious twists on old classics like these delicious Southwest Grilled Burgers. They are easy to make and perfect for a crowd!
If you love spice, these Southwest Grilled Burgers are the perfect southwest twist on a summer classic. After taking stock of what I had on hand in my pantry, I made my grocery list and headed to my local Walmart store where I purchased fresh ground beef, avocados, Hunt’s® Fire Roasted Garlic Diced Tomatoes and RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilis. The RO*TEL and Hunts have the perfect combination of spice, garlic and green chili for a quick and easy salsa that I use in the burgers.
Southwest Grilled Burgers Recipe
- 2 lb of ground beef
- 10 oz can Original RO*TEL® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilis
- 14.5 oz can Hunt's® Fire Roasted Garlic Diced Tomatoes
- 2 green onions, diced
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- onion, sliced
- avocado, sliced
- lettuce (optional), sliced
- hamburger buns
- Remove the grilling rack from your grill, pour your charcoal into your charcoal grill so your base is evenly covered, and form into a pyramid (or use a chimney style charcoal starter).
- Squirt a good amount of lighter fluid onto your charcoal pyramid, carefully light in a few different spots with a long grill lighter, and let it burn down for about 15 minutes with the lid open. Place the grilling rack on the grill.
- In a small bowl, combine the Hunt's® Fire Roasted Garlic Diced Tomatoes and RO*TEL® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chili's.
- Combine the burger, 1 cup of the Hunt's® Fire Roasted Garlic Diced Tomatoes & RO*TEL® salsa, green onions, cumin, garlic powder and salt & pepper.
- Form the meat mixture into (8) ¼ lb patties.
- Once the grill is heated, place the burgers on grilling rack and cook 5-6 minutes on each side or desired temperature.
- Remove from the grill and serve with toppings.