This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StarsOfSummer #CollectiveBias
Want to make summer even easier?
It’s summer and finally grilling season in our neck of the woods. I love summer and all it has to offer. Our winters are long, hard and very cold so when summer shows up I love hosting get togethers and cookouts for our friends and family. Sadly, summers in our area can be finicky, some days are sunny and mid 70’s spent at the beach or out on our boat enjoying the gorgeous weather. Other days it’s 50 and rainy.
Thankfully the weather never matters when it comes to grilling because we have a covered area and my husband loves to grill no matter what the weather brings. We grill at least 3-4 times a week during the summer and love hosting cookouts. If we’re not serving, chicken or brats our favorite meals are delicious twists on old classics like these delicious Southwest Grilled Burgers. They are easy to make and perfect for a crowd!
If you love spice, these Southwest Grilled Burgers are the perfect southwest twist on a summer classic.
After taking stock of what I had on hand in my pantry, I made my grocery list and headed to my local Walmart store where I purchased fresh ground beef, avocados, Hunt’s® Fire Roasted Garlic Diced Tomatoes and RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilis. The RO*TEL and Hunts have the perfect combination of spice, garlic and green chili for a quick and easy salsa that I use in the burgers.
Southwest Grilled Burgers Recipe
Are you looking for some more summer recipes? Try some of these:
- You’ll want to make 2 batches of our Orange Kool-Aid Slushie! One for the kids and a boozy adult version for the grown ups!
- Easy Grilled BBQ Shrimp are one of our summertime favorites!
- Our perfect summer side salad is an Asian Pasta Salad.
- 1 jar (16 oz) Pace® Chunky Salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 thin sliced boneless chicken breasts (or use 2 cans Swanson® Premium Chicken if making on the stove top)
- Rice - white or brown, prepared according to package directions
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
For Instant Pot Recipe
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your instant pot.
- Pour black beans and salsa on top of chicken, using a spoon to make sure the chicken is covered completely.
- Seal the instant pot cover and close the steam release valve. Set the pressure to manual, high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let set for 2 minutes and open the lid. You shouldn't have to release the pressure as 2 minutes is enough time for it to release naturally.
- Serve chicken, salsa and bean over a bed of rice. Top with cheese and sour cream if desired.
To Make Stove Top Version
- Place salsa, black beans and canned chicken in a large stock pot. Heat on medium low heat until heated through.
- Serve mixture over a bed of rice and top with cheese and sour cream if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 529 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 182mg Sodium: 668mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 1g Protein: 70g