My no sew fabric firework craft is a quick and easy project to add some patriotism to your home decor.
If you are a loyal
stalker follower of Craft Create Cook, you know that I love to make my own holiday home decor items. This stems from me being pretty cheap frugal and not wanting to spend $39.99 on a patriotic decoration I’ll be displaying in my home for only a month. Plus, crafting is like therapy for me. Give me an idea, my hot glue gun and some Netflix and I’m all set for the night.
This firework craft is fun and can be made very inexpensively. I actually had everything I needed for this project. It’s a great way to re-use toilet paper rolls and scrap fabric. Or grab some red, white and blue fabric quarters. You can always add your own special twist to these fireworks by adding some painted wood stars. This firework craft would also look adorable standing upright on your holiday tablescape.
How to Make Your Own Fabric Firework Craft
- empty paper towel, toilet paper or wrapping paper tubes
- scrap red, white and blue fabric, bandannas or denim
- jute twine
- hot glue
- ruler or tape measure
- masking tape
- Cut your paper tubes three different lengths. I used 3.5″, 4.5″, and 6″ lengths.
- Cut a piece of fabric about 2″ square. Fold in half and cut a small slit in the center.
- Cut a piece of jute twine, about 3″ in length and tie a knot in one end. Thread the twine through the hole of the square fabric, making sure the knot is on the wrong side (bottom) of the fabric.
- Place the square fabric onto one end of the paper tube. Use masking tape to affix it to the tube. You can also use hot glue if desired in place of masking tape.
- Cut a piece of fabric 7″ in length and 1″ larger than your tube. For example, if your tube is 4-1/4″ tall, cut a piece of fabric 7″ x 5-1/4″.
- Lay the fabric onto a flat surface (wrong side up) and place the paper tube on top of it. Fold in the top and bottom edges so it is the same size as the tube. Dab the fabric with hot glue to keep it folded under.
- Attach one end of the fabric with hot glue to the tube. Wrap the fabric all the way around the tube, fold the end under and affix with hot glue.
- Repeat with additional fabric colors until you have the desired number of fireworks.
- Stack 3 fireworks together and gently wrap with twine, going around 5-6 times. Secure with a knot and trim the ends. Affix with a small dab of hot glue to the fireworks.
Looking for more Patriotic Decor for your home? Check out some of these easy home decor projects:
- No Sew Patriotic Fabric Table Decor
- USA Flip Flop Sign
- Patriotic Welcome Sign for your Front Door
- Patriotic Decorations using Scrap Wood