I love making desserts and crafts for Valentine’s Day, these Conversation Heart Brownies were especially fun.
Conversation hearts were probably one of the best holiday candies ever invented. They’re like jelly beans at Easter or Candy Canes at Christmas. I personally only like eating the white ones since they’re usually mint flavored but if I have enough of a sweet tooth I’ll try some of the others. I just love how they have different sayings on the front like love bug, text me, and cutie pie. They’re fun to play around with. That is why I was inspired to make Conversation Heart Brownies. You don’t have to be choosy when grabbing one of these babies. They’re all delicious. Just grab a box of brownie mix and a couple other ingredients and head on into the kitchen.
Conversation Hearts Brownie Recipe
- Favorite Box of Brownie Mix (calls for eggs, oil, and water)
- 16 oz Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- Pink, Yellow, Green, Purple, and Red Food Coloring
You will also need:
- Mixing Bowl
- 8×8″ Baking Pan (or bigger depending on the size of your mix)
- Decorating Bags or Sandwich Bags
- Heart Shapes Cookie Cutter
- Preheat your oven as directed on your box of brownie mix and grease your baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water and whisk until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into your baking pan and bake as directed on your box.
- Let your brownies slightly cool and carefully press your heart shaped cookie cutter in your pan several times until you can get as many hearts out of your pan as possible.
- Use a small spatula to remove your brownie hearts and let cool completely.
- Separate your frosting into 5 small bowls or cups and mix each one with a very small amount of food coloring so they are pastel in color (except red).
- Scoop your frosting into separate decorating bags and cut a small tip off the end of each one.
- Use your pastel colors to frost a heart onto each brownie and use your red bag to draw on conversation heart text onto each brownie.
These are the best tasting conversation hearts ever and perfect for a Valentines party.
You might also enjoy our other Valentine treats: