Our Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Rods will have you drooling for more after each bite.
Chocolate covered pretzels rods are one of my favorite treats. Sometimes when I'm at a gas station or convenient store I grab a bag of the milk chocolate covered ones and my son loves the yogurt or white chocolate covered ones. I may or may not eat the whole bag in one sitting, that's how much I like them.
Although I like my quick bag of chocolate covered pretzels but they are so easy to make! I had a bag of caramels in my pantry from a dessert I never got around to making so I wanted to try something a little different by adding a little caramel to the chocolate.
These are a nice little treat for after dinner if you're looking for something smaller to hit that sweet spot.
How to make our Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Rods:
- pretzel rods
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups unwrapped caramels
- 1 cup Wilton white chocolate candy melts
- white and milk chocolate chips for garnish
- decorating bag
- tall mug or glass
- Unwrap your caramels and fill a tall mug or glass full and microwave for about 30-45 seconds, stirring halfway though. You'll want the caramels to be completely melted but not over cooked.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper. Dip your pretzel rods about halfway into the caramel, let any excess caramel drip off and place onto a your parchment paper.
- Freeze your caramel covered pretzels for about 15 minutes. Roll the caramel that is on your pretzels in your hands to pack and soften the look of the caramel.
- Now place 2 cups of milk chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour into a clean tall mug or glass.
- Dip your caramel covered pretzels into the melted chocolate, leaving a little caramel on the bottom so you can still see it. Let any excess caramel drip off and place onto your sheet of parchment paper.
- Freeze your chocolate covered pretzels for about 15 minutes.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat your candy melts on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour into a decorating bag. Cut a tiny tip off the end of the decorating bag and drizzle the white chocolate over the milk chocolate pretzel rods.
- Top each pretzel immediately with white and milk chocolate chips while the white chocolate drizzle is still soft.
- Let harden at room temperature and enjoy.
You might also enjoy our other sweet treats:
- Hot Chocolate Pretzel Rods - These Hot Chocolate Pretzel Rods taste just like a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows.
- Caramel Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies - Caramel chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies are perfect for your next holiday cookie exchange.
- Chocolate Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe - You’ll love this modern chocolate caramel spin on a traditional bread pudding recipe.