This post is sponsored by Zynga, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Almost everyone in this day and age uses a cell phone or a tablet. Well, maybe everyone except my parents but then again they don’t even have internet. Crazy right??!! I remember getting my first smart phone after I had my youngest daughter and I immediately delved into the world of apps. My favorite is Zynga Words with Friends 2!
I started way back when with Words with Friends and soon upgraded. I love that it’s continuous play with several playing options: Smart Match matches me with other players in the same word/point level, Practice I can play the game itself and gain more confidence in my spelling abilities and I even love the Words with Friends 2 special Challenges.
The games are continuous and I love that you can always find new players to play with! Words with Friends 2 keeps my connected to friends and family even when I can’t be with them and it’s fun making new friends that love spelling as much as I do!
Not only does Words with Friends 2 keep me connected to my friends and family and helps me make new friends, the game itself keeps my brain in tip top shape. Spelling new words can be challenging and I love that. I love playing a game or 3 during the afternoon while I’m waiting for the kids to get home from school. It’s mentally engaging and keeps my mind active.
Want to learn some ways to keep your brain in tip top shape? Keep reading!
7 Tips for a Healthier Brain
- Play Word Games. Your brain loves mentally engaging activities. Engaging and interactive word games like Zynga Words with Friends 2 helps your brain build new neural connections and keeps it in tip top shape.
- Socialize. Studies show that spending time with friends and family does wonders for mental health. Social interaction improves cognitive health
- Avoid excessive alcohol. Ok, this should be a no brainer but excessive alcohol can definitely impact brain function.
- Avoid Smoking. Another no-brainer but important to note. Tobacco and now vaping has been shown to lead to cognitive dysfunction.
- Exercise. I know exercise probably isn’t on the top of everyone’s list and with work and life it’s important to try and fit it in. Physical exercise increases oxygen and helps develope new brain cells.
- Eat a Balanced Diet. Diets high in fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts and unsaturated oils are best.
- Protect Your Head. Wear a helmet when riding a bicycle and/or motorcycle or any other activity that deems using a helmet. Avoid high risk activities that may lead to a concussion.
While I’m playing Words with Friends 2 and keeping my brain active I love having a a fun snack on hand! My kids LOVE trail mix so I thought it would be fun to put together a snack with using letters as an ingredient. It’s the perfect treat to munch on while playing Words with Friend 2!
Words with Friends Snack Mix Recipe
- 1 C. Alphabits cereal (yes, they still make it!)
- 1/2 C. raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 C. M&M’s
- 3/4 C. small pretzel twists
- Combine all the ingredients and enjoy while playing Words with Friends 2!
- Store in an airtight container for several days.
Want to try Words with Friends 2? Head over HERE AND DOWNLOAD!