Ice cream is delicious on its own, but add our semi-homemade cookies and this Rainbow Ice Cream Sandwich will disappear quickly.
Here at Craft Create Cook we love cookies. We also love ice cream. We took it upon ourselves to combine these two fabulous desserts and made a tasty and easy ice cream sandwich! Not only is it pretty look at, it’s also delicious!
Ice cream has always been a special treat in our house but it’s not always something I keep on hand, otherwise I’d eat it all. Oddly enough, the last few weeks we’ve had some various flavors of ice cream on hand in our freezer. It all started when my husband stopped at the grocery store on his way from work one night and picked up a few containers, so lately we’ve been enjoying ice cream more often that usual.
The kids had some friends over this past weekend and I wanted a cute snack for them, so I checked our baking cupboard and realized I had a box of Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix. I also had a big container of multicolored sprinkles so I thought why not whip up some rainbow cake mix cookies. I love cake mix cookies. They are so easy to make and you can make just about any flavor and they only take minutes to put together. Adding ice cream to them took them to a whole new level and all the kids loved them.
You can certainly make these ahead of time and have them on hand anytime. Simply wrap each one tightly in plastic wrap and store in the freezer.
- 1 box of Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix
- 2 tbs. flour
- ½ C. oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ C. rainbow sprinkles + extra to roll the ice cream sandwiches
- 1 qt vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix, oil and flour, mixing well. Add in the ¼ cup of multicolored sprinkles.
- Roll the cookie dough into 2" balls and place about 2" a part on a baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before putting together the ice cream sandwiches.
- Once the cookies have cooled, use an ice cream scoop to add a small scoop of ice to the bottom of the cookies and then place another cookie on top to make an ice cream sandwich.
- Roll the ice cream sandwich into multicolored sprinkles and place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with all the cookies giving each a top and bottom.
If you enjoyed this post, check out these recipes –
Patriotic Cookie Dough Truffles – only 2 ingredients and no bake
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies – naturally gluten free