Valentine Cinnamon Roll Hearts are adorable, easy to make and perfect for Valentine’s Day breakfast!
I love breakfast. I really do. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love that you can get away with eating it at any time. We even have breakfast for dinner at least once a week at our house. Pancakes, french toast, cinnamon rolls, eggs and sausage. I love all breakfast foods equally. I can easily eat several warm, fresh, out of the oven cinnamon rolls in one sitting. I’ve even passed my love of cinnamon rolls down to my middle child. Between the both of us, we can finish half a pan in hours.
Now, when it comes to cinnamon rolls, homemade is best, however, being a busy mom I don’t always have a lot of time to make them from scratch. When I want them fast I buy a can of store bought. I’ve tried many brands in my day and I always go back to the tried and true store brand. They are easy to make and my kids have no complaints on taste and neither do I.
For these adorable Valentine Cinnamon Roll Hearts all you need is your favorite brand of store bought cinnamon rolls (I prefer the ones you can easily unroll), some pink or red food coloring and Valentine jimmies (optional). Follow our easy directions, frost and serve. Your loved ones will feel special on Valentine’s morning.
Valentine Cinnamon Roll Hearts Tutorial
- Store bought cinnamon rolls with icing, any brand (I prefer those you can unroll)
- Valentine jimmies
- Pink or red gel food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Open the cinnamon rolls and place on a baking sheet and set aside the icing.
- Gently unroll each cinnamon and roll the ends into a heart shape (see photos).
- Once all the cinnamon rolls are made into hearts, bake the heart for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Add 1-2 drops of pink or red gel food coloring to the cinnamon roll icing and stir to combine.
- Generously frost each cinnamon roll heart and sprinkle with Valentine jimmies.
You will also want to make our: