These Oreo Cookie Springtime Cupcake Flowers will be the perfect treat for a warm Spring day.
One of the great things about living in Michigan is getting to experience all four seasons. Some I like more than others, but everyone seems to like Spring. Seeing the snow melt after a long winter, hearing the birds start chirping, and the weather starting to get warm. It’s a sigh of relief after months and months of winter here. That’s why you’ll see people start to wear short sleeves, shorts, and flip flops in early April.
In honor of the first day of Spring, I make these yummy Oreo Cookie Springtime Cupcake Flowers. They are bright and colorful, remind you of Spring, and are delicious.
- Chocolate cake mix (usually calls for eggs, oil, and water)
- Yellow vanilla frosting
- Oreo Minis
- Wilton pink melting candy
- White nonpareils
- Chocolate dipping spoons
- Decorating bags
- Prepare your cupcakes as directed on the box and let cool.
- Fill a decorating bag with yellow frosting, cut a 1/2″ tip off the end, and frost a swirl onto the top of each cupcake.
- Place a cup of pink candy melts into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Open your Oreo minis, scrape the filling out, dip just the cookie sides into your melted pink chocolate, let any excess chocolate drip off, and place onto your parchment paper. Let set to harden.
- Once your pink chocolate covered Oreos are hardened, place 6 around the edge of each frosted cupcake.
- Fill the center of each cupcake with your white ball sprinkles and enjoy!
What’s your favorite thing about Spring? Let us know in the comment section below!
You might also like our: