Who are you rooting for? Our Michigan VS. Michigan State Cookies are the perfect treat to have your guests choose.
My family waits for this football game every year. Michigan VS. Michigan State, we of course are Michigan State fans. It is one of the biggest rivalry games in the state of Michigan. You are either Michigan fans or Michigan State fans, a true fan will tell you there is no in-between.
Of course game day calls for snack and treats, so I am always in charge of that. The boys will get the game on and the pre-game turned on. Since our good friends are Michigan fans, I had to make both Michigan and Michigan State cookies. I used the same sugar cookie recipe I used for our Smart Cookies and they turned out as tasty as always.
How to make our Michigan VS. Michigan State Cookies:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tubs vanilla frosting
- green, yellow and blue gel food coloring
- decorating bags
- small bowls
- mixing bowl
- hand or stand mixer
- scalloped circle cookie cutters
- Mix together your sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Mix in the egg, almond and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour and salt one cup at a time.
- Roll out the dough onto a clean, floured surface and use a scalloped cookie cutter to cut out your circle shapes.
- Divide your frosting into 4 separate containers (more in the white and blue containers as those will be your frosting base on the cookies).
- Color each cup a different color, leaving one white.
- Scoop your frosting into decorating bags and cut a small tip off the yellow and green bags and a slightly more from your blue and white bags.
- Frost half the cookies blue and half white and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Use your yellow and green bags to draw an S on your white cookies and a M on your blue cookies.
You might also enjoy our:
Football Mason Jars – Our Football Mason Jars are perfect for any football party or tailgate.
Easy To Make Football Pudding Cups – Our Easy To Make Football Pudding Cups are perfect for a team treat or for any football lover.
Football Party Rice Krispie Treats – These football party Rice Krispie treats are perfect for making for your own family or to take to the next big game party you get invited to.