Walking Tacos are the perfect weekend or game day meal!
We love tacos at our house and eat them at least 2-3 times a month. they are delicious, easy to make and almost everyone loves them. Between busy school days, after school and weekend activities tacos are a super filling and easy to make.
My kids love tacos because they are fun to eat and we love having a taco bar where you can make your own tacos with whatever toppings you want. Walking Tacos are a great way to enjoy tacos. Whether, you set up a taco bar like we do or maybe you’re feeding a large crowd on big game day, talking tacos are easy to make and fun to eat!
I pack my kids lunches almost every day. I’m lucky if I can get them to eat hot lunch one day a week but I always love having small bags of chips on hand ready to throw in their lunch bags or just to snack on after school. I love buying small Doritos multipacks. They are perfect for keeping in the pantry and great to have on hand for Walking Tacos.
Easy Walking Tacos
- 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- 1/2 C. water
- Toppings: diced onion, salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole and whatever other taco toppings you would like!
- Brown the ground beef or ground turkey and drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning and water. Let the taco meat simmer and allow the flavors to meld.
- Set up your taco bar: put the toppings in small accessible bowls.
- Grab your small bags of Doritos and have them on the side.
- Let everyone make their own Walking Tacos with the chips and all the taco toppings provided.
You will also want to make:
Homemade Fajita Seasoning is delicious on these shrimp tacos but also works great with chicken or beef!
Homemade Taco Seasoning has real ingredients and convenient to have on hand!
Slow Cooker Mexican Stew is the perfect winter meal and a great way to utilize your slow cooker!