Make your home smell heavenly this holiday season with our homemade cranberry, orange & clove stovetop potpourri!
Halloween is over and the holidays are officially on the horizon. Every store in our area already has their Christmas and holiday items on the shelves and Thanksgiving is next week! My husband leaves this morning for hunting camp and I am ready to tackle the week alone with the kids and get ready for the holidays.
I love the holidays and everything that comes with it. Christmas is the most wonderful time of year and I love the spirit of giving and decorating our home. The weekend after Thanksgiving is when we put up the Christmas tree and decorate for the holidays. I love when the house smells like the holidays and our Cranberry, Orange & Clove Stovetop Potpourri smells a-mazing! If you need a holiday boost this potpourri is easy and will definitely boost your holiday mood! Plus, the colors are gorgeous and match the holiday season almost perfectly.
Simply Add all the ingredients to slow cooker or a large dutch oven (shown above) and turn on low for several hours. You can even let the mixture cool, add a little more water if necessary, and then turn it on again the next day. Our house smelled heavenly for days and my husband kept commenting how much he loved the smell. It was nice not having to run the diffuser for several days and this was a fun way to change things up.
Cranberry, Orange & Clove Stovetop Potpourri
- 12 oz package of fresh cranberries
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 tbsp. cloves
- 3-4 C. water
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot, dutch oven or slow cooker.
- Heat on low for several hours.
- Reheat the next day or two if you wish.
You will also want to make our:
- Gingerbread Cookies Pizza is fun to make, beautiful to look at AND feeds a crowd!
- Holiday Snack Mix is adorable and comes together in a pinch!
- Cranberry & Lime Holiday Spritzer is delicious! Add vodka for an adult twist!