Cue up your favorite Netflix show and make this easy Valentine Fabric Wreath!
I have the inability to sit still. My patience is horrible. I always have to be doing two things at once. It might be cooking and tweeting. Designing business cards and listening to Pandora. Sitting by a pool and reading a magazine. Folding laundry and watching Netflix. You get the idea. So when I sat down to start watching Shameless on Netflix with my husband, I knew this was the perfect time to make this Valentine Fabric Wreath.
If you know how to use scissors and tie a knot, you’re half way to making this easy no sew fabric wreath. I absolutely love making these rag wreaths and we’ve showed you how to make a watermelon wreath, and a rainbow rag wreath, so once you master this easy fabric wreath, you can make almost anything!
How to Make a Valentine No Sew Fabric Wreath
- 16″ heart shaped wire wreath frame
- 2 yards fabric (at least 44″ wide)
- tape measure
- Fold your fabric in half. For example, if your fabric is 44″ wide, it will now be 22″ wide.
- Use a tape measure to mark 7″ on your fabric. Cut the fabric into a 7″ x 44″ strip. You can keep your fabric folded in half and cut it while it is folded.
- Lay your tape measure across the fabric lengthwise. Use scissors to snip the fabric at 1″ intervals. Remove the tape measure and cut into 7″ x 1″ strips. Repeat until you have cut at least 1-3/4 yards of fabric.
- Grab 1 strip and gently fold in half so you have a 0.5″ x 7″ strip. Wrap around the wire frame and tie in one knot. Repeat until the entire frame is covered, sliding the knots next to each other. I added fabric to each of the three wires on the frame.
- Pull the fabric to the front of the frame as you work around and add fabric. Hang as desired!