Our Tissue Paper Flower Mother's Day Canvas is a perfect DIY Mother's Day gift.
I absolutely LOVE homemade Mother's Day gifts. I don't care if it's a crayon drawn picture, homemade card, or heart made out of clay, they are all great to me. I have painted canvases hanging on my wall, cute little door handle hangings, and handmade necklaces on my jewelry rack. If I could save everything, I would. My mom saved a box of things I had made her from when I was little and I love looking back on it.
My Tissue Paper Flower Mother's Day Canvas is not only easy to make but looks beautiful as well, and can be displayed for years to come. So grab your blank canvas and your creativity and get started.
How to make a Tissue Paper Flower Mother's Day Canvas:
- 11 x 14" Canvas
- Pink Craft Paint
- Foam Paint Brush
- Bright Pink, Light Pink, Teal, Purple, and White Tissue Paper
- 2-5" Scalloped Circle Cookie Cutters
- Lay out a couple pieces of an old newspaper.
- Use your foam paint brush to paint your canvas pink and let dry.
- Fold your tissue paper until it is about 8-10 pieces thick, trace a scalloped circle cookie cutter onto your tissue paper, and carefully cut out your 8-10 scalloped circles at once, with scissors.
- Remove your top scalloped circle if there's a lot of pen/pencil from tracing and staple the center once or twice.
- Begin folding your scalloped circles up one at a time and leave your last piece flat.
- Repeat steps 4-5 tracing different sized cookie cutters and using different colored tissue paper.
- Carefully glue your largest tissue paper flower onto the bottom left corner, then your medium sized close to your largest, then start spacing them out a little as your flowers get smaller.
- Wrap and gift to your Mother or Grandma for a gift they can cherish forever.
Or if your kids have ever read this cute book, they know what NOT to give their Mom on Mother's Day.
You might also like our: