This post has been compensated by Garden Lites but all opinions are my own.
We are already midway through January and if you are like me, you probably started off the new year with a resolution. I’m not a huge fan of resolutions because honestly I’m not that great at keeping them. I try my best but by the end of January I’ve often fallen off the wagon. If you are like me and made a resolution to get healthy, it doesn’t have to be hard. Getting healthy doesn’t have to be a do or die thing. With age I’ve learned that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. I also don’t make resolutions I know I cannot keep! For me resolution are more of making baby steps in a healthier lifestyle.
A great way to start a healthier lifestyle is to start eating better. I know, I know, eating better probably makes you think of carrot sticks, celery and water and yes, it does involve some of that but it doesn’t have to be blah and boring! I am a busy work from home mom. I work out 4-5 days a week after I drop the kids off at school and I am go, go, go throughout the school year! My kids are in multiple sports and after school activities and we always have a travel tote full of healthy snacks and water so we can often bypass all those unhealthy fast food places.
Last year we discovered Garden Lites products! Garden Lites makes a variety of products including muffins, waffles, frittatas and entrees. All of Garden Lites products are made with clean and simple ingredients, they are gluten-free, non-gmo and PACKED full of veggies! Garden Lites mantra has been and always will be ‘eat your vegetables’ and they make it so easy to do just that!
Garden Lite muffins are one of our favorites. Not only are they delicious, they are packed full of hidden veggies. I love having a few boxes on hand for quick and easy snacks. My 3 growing kids would eat me out of house and home if I let them so I love having Garden Lites muffins on hand for after school snacks and easy grab and go breakfasts. Garden Lites can be found in the freezer section at your local grocer. I let ours unthaw in the fridge overnight or during the day and then they are ready to serve at your convenience! I love that the veggies are hidden and we all love the taste!
Garden Lites products can be found at most local grocery stores as well as Target, Kroger, Stop & Shop, Publix and Costco. Head over here to see where you can shop Garden Lites in your area. If you’re not having any luck finding them in your area fill out the product request form, give to your local store manager and Garden Lites will do their best to get their products there!
Keep in mind each grocery store is laid out a bit differently. You may want to check out different sections such as Gluten-Free, Natural & Organic and sometimes Breakfast.
Looking for more easy ways to sneak in those vegetables? We have you covered!
7 Ways to Sneak In Veggies
- Garden Lites Muffins: Chocked full of clean and simple ingredients Garden Lites are gluten-free, non-gmo and PACKED full of veggies. If your kid are picky eaters I challenge you try them with your kids, I bet they will love them!
- Add diced veggies to your pasta sauces. Dicing up fresh vegetables like zucchini, mushrooms and carrots is a great way to get added vegetables into you meals. Add a 1/2 C. squash puree and no one will be the wiser.
- Add greens to fruit smoothies. My kids LOVE fruit smoothies. I LOVE that I can toss in a few handfuls of baby spinach and they don’t even know it’s in there!
- Add cauliflower to scrambled eggs. Are you part of the low carb revolution? We always have a bag of frozen riced cauliflower on hand. Simply cook it according to package directions, puree it and add 1/4-1/2 cup to your scrambled eggs while cooking.
- Add avocado to pudding. Does your family love pudding? My kids do and I rarely make it. Adding pureed avocado to their pudding will give them extra nutrients and you can’t taste it – win win!
- Add pureed veggies to homemade burgers. Every Friday night it’s burger night at our house. I love steaming sweet potatoes, pureeing them and then adding to our burgers.
- Swap out those pasta noodles for zoodles (zucchini noodles) or spaghetti squash. This is one of the easiest ways to get veggies into your main course!
Want to try Garden Lites products for yourself? Head over to their convenient store locator where you can also print out a $1 off 1 Garden Lites product coupon!
Connect with Garden Lites on Social Media to find out more information on their products: