This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of RAGÚ®
It’s officially fall and we are totally ready for it! Summer is fun and all but fall is definitely one of my favorite seasons! The kids went back to school a few weeks ago and I am honestly loving the down time. I love my kids but working from home and having them around sometimes doesn’t mix well.
My youngest is officially a second grader and the older minions are in fourth grade. Thankfully we’ve had no major meltdowns and mornings have been relatively smooth. I drive the kids to and from school and some days I do wish they rode the bus but all in all our schedule runs really well.
Fall in our house also means lots of after school activities. The kids are in multiple sports including soccer, hockey and dance and that means I am in meal planning mode. I love my Instant Pot and slow cooker but sometimes I don’t feel like dragging everything out of the cupboard. I also love taking advantage of fresh fall produce at my local farmers market. Squash appeared a few weeks ago and grabbed several spaghetti squash to have on hand.
Spaghetti squash is so great and such a versatile vegetable. I love using it in side dishes, sauteing it in butter and garlic is SO yummy. But, it can also be used for main dishes as well. When I’m looking for an easy and delicious fall dinner that my husband and kids will love I turn to New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce. I love that it is made from 100% olive oil, contains no added sugar and can be purchased at any local super market. It’s the perfect addition to a heal
RAGÚ is family friendly and has been around for over 80 years and I always turn to RAGÚ sauce them when preparing my Italian dishes and healthy recipes. New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce is the perfect addition to the RAGÚ family. It compliments the spaghetti squash with delicious taste and savory plump tomatoes, onions, garlic and spices. Add cheese and browned burger and your family will be asking for seconds! This recipe is also great if you are trying to cut back on carbs. If you’re a carb lover, a side of garlic bread and side salad would also be a perfect addition and wonderful weeknight dinner idea!
Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Boats
- New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 2 ripe spaghetti squash
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 C. shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 C. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Slice the spaghetti squash in 1/2 and scoop out the seeds.
- Add 1″ of water to a square or rectangle microwave safe dish. Place the 2 halves face up in the dish. Heat in the microwave for 20 minutes. Remove from the microwave and let cool. Use a fork to gently scrape the spaghetti from it’s shell and place in a bowl.
- Brown the ground burger (or turkey) and drain the grease. Add the browned meat to the to bowl of spaghetti squash. Add in the jar of New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce, 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and the 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Place the empty spaghetti squash shells back into a large baking dish. Fill each shell with the spaghetti squash mixture and top with the other 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and extra Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 or until heated through.
Want to try New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce for yourself? Now through September 25th you can enter to win a RAGÚ® SIMPLY PASTA SAUCE Prize Pack. Open to US residents only. Enter to WIN below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway