These homemade peanut butter & jelly bars are perfect for an easy on the go breakfast or yummy afternoon snack!
Being a busy mom of 3 children I am no stranger to peanut butter & jelly. My kids don’t eat it every day but we do indulge maybe once a week. When they were little and I was a crazy couponer, I bought the Smuckers Uncrustables all. the. time. That is, until I realized what was in them and how expensive (even with a coupon) they were.
I started making our own Homemade Uncrustables (perfect for throwing into lunches) and trying new recipes with everyone’s favorite jelly flavor and smooth creamy peanut butter. I grew up on a strawberry farm. We also had a huge field filled with big delicious red raspberries. So, every summer I head to a local berry patch where I relive my youth picking berries. After filling several flats I head home and get to work cleaning berries and making homemade jams and jellies. Not only are they delicious, they also make great gifts for friends and family and homemade jelly tastes so much better than store bought! Plus, it goes great with peanut butter!
These homemade peanut butter & jelly bars only take a few ingredients to make and 30 minutes in the oven. I like to wrap the bars individually and keep them in the fridge and the kids can grab them whenever they like!
Homemade Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars Recipe
- ½ C. butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ C. packed brown sugar
- 1 C. flour
- 1 C. rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ C. strawberry preserves
- ¾ C. creamy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the bottom of an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a pastry cutter to combine the softened butter, brown sugar, flour, oats and baking soda.
- Measure out 2 cups of the crumble mixture and gently press into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the peanut butter over the top of the crumble mixture.
- Spread the strawberry preserves over the peanut butter.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top of the bars.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
You will also want to make our: