This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomegatingHeroes #CollectiveBias
Fall is here and it is officially football season! We are a football loving family and LOVE tailgating. My played brother-in-law played college football, so football is in our blood and we love entertaining a crowd on football weekends!
Regardless of what team you are cheering for, nothing is more fun than spending time with friends and family the day of the big game, and when we tailgate at home we go all out. I love making delicious snacks and appetizers for everyone to munch on and the cooler is always full and ready for when people get thirsty. I like to be prepared. And being prepared means having all the homegating essentials on hand and ready to go at a moment’s notice!
Being prepared means having Angel Soft® bath tissue, Sparkle® paper towels and Glad® Food Storage products on hand! I love making lots of fun snack and appetizers for my guests and because I sometimes have extras, I love sharing the leftovers with them! Glad® Food Storage containers are perfect to have on hand. Angel Soft® bath tissue and Sparkle® paper towels are another important essential that no tailgating party should be without! I should know. Sparkle® paper towels get messes cleaned up quick and hands dried off quickly. Angel Soft® bath tissue is essential in the bathroom as you don’t want guests without toilet paper. How embarrassing!
When I’m preparing for game day, I simply head to my local Dollar General Store. It’s small enough to not feel impersonal, yet big enough for my homegating needs and where I can find Angel Soft® bath tissue, Sparkle® paper towels and Glad® Food Storage products. Having these products on hand is as important as having all the drinks and food! Delicious food is next on my list and easy to eat appetizers are perfect for game day. I love potatoes. They are easy to work with, everyone loves them and these loaded potato bites are always a fan favorite.
I always have russet potatoes and cheese on hand because my kids love both! You simply have to scrub the potatoes, slice them and then bake and voila! An easy and super delicious appetizer!
Loaded Potato Bites
- 3-4 large russet potatoes, cut into 1/2″ slices
- 1/2 C. butter, melted
- 1/2 C. cooked, crumbled bacon
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 C. green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (easy clean up)
- Brush both sides of the potato slices with the melted butter and place about 1″ a part on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes and flip each potato slice.
- Bake for another 20 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Top each individual potato slice with shredded cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Place back into the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve with salsa, sour cream or any other of your favorite sauces or dips!
Delicious Loaded Potato Slices
Do you love homegating? Make sure you head to your local Dollar General store for all your game day needs AND Buy 3 participating items, Save $3 at Dollar General, valid 9/24/17-10/21/17!
Leave a Reply