Have a fiesta and celebrate Mexican culture with this fun Cinco de Mayo Terra Cotta Pot Sombrero.
I love Mexican restaurants. From yummy tacos, brightly colored piñatas and decorations, margarita specials and a big colorful sombrero, you can be certain my family and I are eating Mexican food on Cinco de Mayo. While nibbling on chips and salsa, and sipping margaritas, sometimes I wonder what it’s actually like to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Mexico.
If you’re going to be celebrating Cinco de Mayo this year, make sure you add a few fun decorations to your home. This easy to make sombrero is a perfect addition to the Mexican celebration.
How to Make a Cinco de Mayo Sombrero
- Terra Cotta Pot with larger saucer
- Light orange craft paint
- Small yellow, red, and green pom pom balls
- Yellow yarn
- Foam paint brush
- Black Sharpie
- Gorilla glue
- Hot glue/Hot glue gun
- Line your crafting surface with newspaper.
- Apply a line of Gorilla glue along the rim of the top of the terra cotta pot, turn it upside down, and press it onto the center of your terra cotta saucer.
- Use your foam paint brush and paint your pot and saucer orange and let dry.
- Hot glue your pom pom balls along the top edge of the saucer in a pattern rotating colors and one inside the top hole of the pot.
- Hot glue a piece of yarn around the rim of the terra cotta pot.
- Use your Sharpie to draw a fun pattern around the top of the Cinco de Mayo Terra Cotta Pot Sombrero.
- Now display or fill up with candy and use as a candy dish for this fun holiday.
How do you celebrate Cinco De Mayo? Let us know in the comment section below!
You might also like our: