These Banana Mocha Chocolate Chip Muffins are perfect for a quick snack or breakfast!
I am all about easy. Easy Breakfast ideas. Easy snacks. Easy anything. These banana mocha chocolate chip muffins are both easy and delicious. I made one batch and had my husband taste them. He doesn’t like anything that tastes remotely like coffee (I love coffee anything) but he LOVED these muffins. Score! Next up were the kids, they loved the muffins, too.
I decided that this recipe was definitely a keeper and plan on making a double batch the next time around. Why make a double batch? Too freeze the extras of course! I love making double batches of easy recipes and freezing the extra. It’s a huge time saver and if I’m feeling lazy I can always pull something from the freezer. Plus, these muffins are so good they didn’t last long. A double batch might not even make it to the freezer.
- 1½ medium size bananas, mashed
- ½ C. butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ¾ C. sugar
- 1 tbsp. of instant coffee (you could substitute decaf if you wish) dissolved in 3 tbsp of water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⅛ C. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ C. chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 count muffin line with cupcake liners.
- Combine the mashed banana, butter, sugar, eggs, instant coffee and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full of batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm!
You will also want to make: